Everyone is Japanese Fundraising Charity Event



Today, I have an announcement to share with you about the upcoming fundraising event for Japan Relief.

My girlfriend belongs to a nonprofit organization called Melting Pot Moms, in the Orange County area of Southern California, and they are having a fundraising event "Everyone is Japanese" on this Sunday, May 1.

The event will be held at:

Flintridge Clubhouse
28112 Roanoke Drive
Ladera Ranch, CA

On Sunday, May 1, 2011
6 - 9 pm

$10 donation is suggested for entry, and the event will feature Japanese traditional dance, origami crafts for the kids, hors d'oeuvres and beverages, an opportunity raffle, and all donations will be sent directly to Miyagi Prefectural Government of Japan.



As for my part, I plan to donate several of my handmade items, including  flat zipper pouches, wristlet key fobs, and reversible mini drawstring bags, to this fundraiser.  My handmade items will be up for sale during the event, and entire proceeds will be donated to Japan by the organizer.

On top of the zipper pouches, key fobs, and drawstring bags, I made these reversible tote bags using Japanese fabrics for additional donated items.

The first bag I made is a Hello Kitty tote bag.   Initially, I purchased this fabric in Japan a while ago for my girls, but I thought it is a good chance to use this lovely fabric for this occasion.



The reversible side is solid pink.



The bag has flat bottom and is roomy enough to carry everyday items, or it is a good size to be used as library tote for young children.



Another bag I made for this fundraiser event is this one.  The bag is also reversible, and the exterior is made of Japanese fabric (linen cotton blend).   I used pink x white polka dots flannel print for the handles and the pocket.



The reversible side is also pink x white polka dots flannel print.  I love the combination of dusty pink and white dots of this soft flannel fabric. 


Unfortunately, I may not be attend the event myself... but I hope you can join if you are in the area ;)

Thanks for reading and thank you for your continued support for Japan Relief...!


2 comments:

PY said...

Amy, these two bags are sweet and lovely.The most touching part is that they were made with love for your country.Well done !

Unknown said...

Thank you, PY, for your encouraging and kind words as always. The fundraising event was a huge success, and many of my handmade items were sold, including this Hello Kitty tote :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails